Our vision is to be a world-class university – one with a dynamic, enterprising approach to solving global challenges; one that enables students to create their place in the world; one that defines the university of tomorrow. So, what does our future hold? Our current strategy lays out the following goals:
- Enable our students to succeed
- Deliver world-class research
- Secure our global position
- Engage our communities
- Champion social, cultural and economic growth
- Secure our future sustainability.
- Pursuit of excellence – excellence is a given. We strive to be the best – and to do even better next time – across our core research and teaching, along with everything that supports what we do.
- Ambition and drive – our success is driven by the desire of our staff and students to challenge convention, create something new, and play their part in shaping the future.
- Enterprising – we’re forward-looking, fast-moving, flexible and free-thinking, quick to explore ideas, to exploit fresh opportunities and to take well-considered risks.
- Making a difference – we try to show the world what a modern university can do: delivering a service, solving problems and providing sustainability for the community and global society.
- Community – our lively community encourages and challenges ideas, promotes dignity, respect, health and wellbeing, making Warwick welcoming.
- Accessible – we’ve always believed in widening participation, in being open, friendly, easy to work with as equal partners and as non‑hierarchical as possible.
- Global perspective – our cosmopolitan outlook and identity enrich our thinking and inform our quest for global relevance and world-class impact.
- Independence – we are self-sufficient, unafraid to upset the status quo, to redefine academic parameters and satisfy our appetite for exploration, innovation and leadership.
Top 10 – Warwick graduates in top 10 for highest earnings in over a dozen subjects in the 2018 Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) dataset (more>>)
8th – The Guardian 2019, published May 2018 (more>>)
8th – The Guardian 2018, published May 2017 (more >>)
9th – The Complete University Guide 2019, published April 2018 (more>>)
9th – The Times and The Sunday Times 2018, published September 2017 (more >>)
8th – The Complete University Guide 2018, published April 2017 (more >>)
3rd most targeted university nationally by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers – The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd. (more>>)
19th in the Times Higher Education (THE) Most International University (more>>)
Top 100 (in the 81-90) in the THE World Reputation rankings (more>>)
54th in the QS World Ranking for 2019 (more>>)
4th in the Times Higher Education (THE) Europe Teaching Rankings – 2018 (more>>)
Ten subjects in the world’s top 50, with one in the top 20 – The QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017, March 2017 (more>>)
Coventry as the 39th best student city in the world, and 5th in the UK – QS Best Student Cities index, February 2017 (more>>)
19th of the world’s most international universities – THE (Times Higher Education) World’s Most International Universities 2017, February 2017 (more>>)
57th in the world overall – QS World University Rankings 2017-18, published September 2017 (more >>)
31st most international university in the world – Times Higher Education most international universities 2017