History of the University
As part of a radical vision for the city, schools of Art and Science were founded in Exeter in 1851. Challenging opposition and driven by ambition from the start, these humble beginnings were the first steps towards establishing the University of Exeter.
At the University of Exeter we combine teaching excellence and high levels of student satisfaction with world class research at our campuses in Exeter and Cornwall. We are a member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive universities. Our success is built on a strong partnership with our students and a clear focus on high performance.
Some information about University of Exeter:
- 15th in UK on Guardian league table (2022)
- 12 top 10 subjects, The Complete University Guide (2022)
- We have an Indonesian Society where you can meet other Indonesian students on campus.
- The University of Exeter is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of UK universities
- Exeter was awarded TEF ‘Gold’ (Teaching Excellence Framework) based on student satisfaction, on-time completion rates (96%) graduate prospects (95%) – one of only 8 Russell Group Universities to achieve this
- 95% of students undertake some type of work experience during their time with us